Grown-Ups Peanut Butter, Jimtown Spicy Pepper Jam, and Bacon Sandwich
Makes 4 sandwiches
Certainly not the lunch box offering of your youth, our peanut butter, Jimtown Spicy Pepper Jam, and bacon sandwich is one of our favorite guilty pleasures. With its intriguing combination of sweet, hot, tangy and smoky flavors this sandwich requires a big glass of cold milk, or a local pilsner. Makes a great breakfast too.
- 8 slices firm whole -wheat sandwich bread, toasted *
- 4 tablespoons Jimtown Spicy Pepper Jam
- 4 tablespoons natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy your preference, see Note
- 12 strips good-quality bacon, cooked crisp and still warm
- 4 large leaves of red leaf lettuce, COMPLETELY optional
Spread 1 side of each of 4 pieces of toast with Jimtown Spicy Pepper Jam, dividing it evenly and using it all.
Spread 1 side of each of the other 4 pieces of toast with the peanut butter, dividing it evenly and using it all.
Lay 3 strips of bacon over each of the 4 pepper jam-covered slices of bread.
Top the bacon with the lettuce, if you are using it.
Set the peanut butter-covered slices of toast in place. With a serrated knife, cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and serve immediately.
* Bread choices are wide open – we also like it on toasted baguette, Levain, Country French…..
Variation: For a completely different but equally delicious sandwich, replace peanut butter with fresh goat cheese or room temperature, stabilizer-free cream cheese.