Curry-Cashew Chicken Salad on Cucumber Coins With Jimtown Spicy Pepper Jam
Makes 16-20 pieces; enough to serve 4-6 people as an appetizer
- 1 large or 2 small boneless/skinless chicken breasts, about 8 ounces total
- 2 teaspoons fresh, good quality curry powder, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ cup yogurt, preferably full-fat
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Jimtown Spicy Pepper Jam
- 1 hothouse (English) cucumber peeled and cut into 1/4” coins
Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel and season liberally with the salt and curry powder.
Set a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and heat the oil until very hot. Carefully add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and turn the chicken over. Cook until the breasts are completely cooked through (160° in the center).
Cool to room temperature on a plate.
Dice the chicken breast fairly small, approximately ¼” pieces, transfer to a medium bowl. Add the cilantro, scallion, yogurt, and cashews and toss. If the mixture seems dry add a little more yogurt. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
Spoon a tablespoon of the chicken salad onto a cucumber coin, and top with ½ teaspoon Jimtown Spicy Pepper Jam. Transfer to a platter and serve.