- 8 1/4 inch thick oval slices from a baguette-style loaf of bread
- Olive oil
- About 1/4 pound well-trimmed creamy blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, at room temperature
- About 3 tablespoons Jimtown Fig & Olive Spread
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 thin slices Genoa-style salami, cut into matchstick pieces.
Lightly brush the bread slices all over with olive oil. Lay slices on a baking sheet and toast in a 400-degree oven, turning them once until they are crisp and lightly browned, about 8 minutes total.
Spread the toasted bread with the blue cheese, dividing it evenly and using it all. Season generously with pepper. Spread Jimtown Fig & Olive Spread on top of cheese.
Top the crostini with the salami. Serve within 30 minutes of completion.